Wednesday, March 14, 2012

4 days to go

I ended my time in jersey as most do, in a hotel with gastroenteritis. But being a 2 minute drive away from rei has put me in a comfortable place with what i'm bringing.

Home till September
So with 2 months of what i would call training, i end up with a 35 pound backpack, a whole new level of anticipation and few(er) worries. I hope that my strategy of rolling with the blows and reminding myself of why i'm doing this will keep me going.

So, why am i doing this?

I realized that i have a passion for adventure, the new and unknown experiences in life. I also think that accomplishing goals and working hard towards something gives great insight into yourself.
So i throw myself at the mercy of mother nature with only the belongings on my back. 6 months of new challenges, new highs, new lows and hopefully no bears. 

psh i aint afraid of no bears



1 comment:

  1. So the Journey begins!

    This is going to be the most exciting and at times may be scary.

    Listen to your instincts when you feel something isn't right.

    This journey will make you confident, secure and self reliant.

    You will meet people from all walks of life and see places of beauty most people have never seen, and that is truly priceless!

    Be safe, journal your adventure and take plenty of pictures.

    Keep in touch regarding your food choices.

    I love you and will be thinking about you and praying you stay safe.

    Your favorite Aunt (LOL)
    Aunt TT Teri XOXO

    ReplyDelete