Saturday, February 4, 2012

So it begins...

I suppose this is where i give all you readers a bit of a preamble to my adventure. My name is Steven, I enjoy whiskey, sriracha, and morrissey so pretty much your average sub-urban white kid. A couple of months ago i decided it would be a good idea to drop everything i was doing (a whole shit ton of nothing) and embark on a 2,000 mile hike across America. I guess i got the idea when googling "hiking" and coming up with a picture of a thru-hiker standing triumphantly on top of mount katahdin, the end of the Appalachian trail. When I saw this i knew it was something i wanted to conquer.

     I would say one of my defining traits, whether good or bad, is my determination. Once I get my mind set on something i tend to obsess and hiking the trail is no exception. So i decided to move to New Jersey and try to make enough money peddling conservation programs to hike the Appalachian trial. I invite you all to join me on what will surely be a great adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cheese Wiz, met you the other day on the section just north of Great Barrington, also saw your link from Windmill's blog. Good Luck on the rest of your journey and may it bring great things for you.

    Starchild

    ReplyDelete